16 February, 2010

Wang

Though I am usually dreadfully opposed to any kind of sportswear (especially when an attempt is made to bring it to the catwalk) I really am a huge fan of Alexander Wang and his collection last season was sublime - there was literally not a piece in the collection which I wouldn't have died for. So when I heard that his fall 2010 collection was being live streamed from SHOWstudio, I was perhaps a little too excited. Me and my dear friend Olivia (a fellow Wang lover) made a night of watching the collection, and I am pleased to say I was not disappointed. The element of sportswear was still strong but even after the success of his Spring collection, he was brave enough to move into a whole new aesthetic. Tailoring, velvet, lace, knitwear, sheer, maroons, silks, greys, greens. All things which could have gone terribly wrong but with Wang at the helm, did not.

My favourite element of the collection was the way in which Wang showed just a subtle cut-out of flesh in each piece, making for a sexy, yet ever demure look. The American vibe was still strong, with the ruck-sacs with quirky chiffon trains and sweaters with high roll necks. Though if I had to pick one look it would have to be the beige cape with cut-out shoulders and grey woolen suit pants. I just thought this was divine and I may have to do some serious saving up. I'm excited to see what Wang will do next.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
(personal favourite)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
was very excited to see Agyness on the catwalk.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic