31 January, 2013

My Mother is too stylish for her own good!

I am in love with this editorial shot for MILK styled by Katy Lassen and shot by Jackie Dixon. It kind of has a feel of This is England but is also very Annie Hall. I love it because it also reminds me of my Mum's style too. She has always worn her fathers (my Grandfather) cravats and liberty print silk ties teemed with tailored Vivienne Westwood pants and jackets. It's no secret my Mum has always been my main influence and so her chic androgynous style is something I like to think I have inherited somewhat. She always says she owns more mens clothes than women's, and I have followed in her footsteps.




This makeup is amazing, I am probably going to have a go at copying it at some point.

I love the acid bright yellow fur and orange pants amidst the dusty greys and rich navy blues.

This shot in particular - I can definitely see my Mum wearing something like this.


Hope you love it as much as I do!
Maggie x